Transition to Raw
Changing from a processed diet to a "real diet"
- Stop all processed and dried food immediately
- Feed with the provided daily bag supplied (our two weeks transition meal). This bag will be tailored to your pet's needs, usually 2% of your pets' body weight.
- Do not mix raw and processed foods
Things to know:
- Defrost meats naturally in a closed container. Do not microwave.
- Defrosted food can be kept for up to three days in the fridge.
- Bone Broth can make a tantalising addition to a meal and is full of nutrition.
- Cooked veges such as pumpkin, kumara and leafy greens make an important addition to the diet, adding fibre, extra vitamins and minerals.
- Raw meaty bones may be introduced from week three. Please contact our staff for advice or check our bone guide.
- Always remove any food that has not been eaten. Don't leave out for longer than 15 minutes.
- Always follow safe food handling practices.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.